The National Security Agency's 6th Annual Scientific Cybersecurity Paper Competition has been announced, along with the following Distinguished Experts and other Pertinent Particulars of the Competition (eg., the submittal criteria et cetera). Interested? Read On... A superlative conclave of security luminaries will examine the nominations and provide their specific submittal preferences to the National Security Agency's Research Directorate.
- PROF. L. JEAN CAMP, Indiana University
- DR. ROBERT CUNNINGHAM, Lincoln Laboratory
- DR. WHITFIELD DIFFIE, Cybersecurity Advisor
- DR. DAN GEER, In-Q-Tel
- DR. JOHN MCLEAN, Naval Research Laboratory
- PROF. STEFAN SAVAGE, University of California, San Diego
- MR. PHIL VENABLES, Goldman Sachs
- PROF. DAVID WAGNER, University California at Berkeley
- DR. JEANNETTE WING, Columbia University
Here are the all-important dates:
- Submission Period Begins: December 15, 2017
- Submission Period for Entries Ends: March 30, 2018 11:59 PM, EST.
- Evaluation Process for Entries Begins: April 2, 2018
- Winners Notified: By September 14, 2018
- Winners Announced: Fall 2018
MEDITERRANEAN SEA (April 7, 2017) The guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) conducts strike operations while in the Mediterranean Sea, April 7, 2017.
Porter, forward-deployed to Rota, Spain, is conducting naval operations in the U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations in support of U.S. national security interests in Europe. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Ford Williams/Released)
"Cyber is an operational domain in which we do a variety of missions and functions, many of which are very traditional,” Adm. Rogers said. “We do reconnaissance, we do fires, we do maneuvers. The same things I was used to as a surface [warfare] officer … I’m constantly going back to that.”
"Don’t make this thing so specialized, so unique, so different that it just gets pushed to the side. That will sub-optimize our ability to execute cyber operations, and quite frankly it will minimize or at least negatively impact, in my view, the operational outcomes, which is the whole reason we’re doing this in the first place.”
Remember our Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Sailors, Coast Guardsmen and Intelligence Services Personnel world wide during the Thanksgiving Holiday. Heroes All.